Ep 83: How He Built The Multi-Million Dollar TapouT Brand feat. Dan Caldwell
This episode has one of the best stories we've had on the podcast. In this episode, we speak to Dan Caldwell about his journey to creating TapouT and bringing the brand from an idea to a multi-million dollar business.
We talk about:
- Creating a brand from scratch
- creating a personal brand and aesthetic
- Building TapouT to become a multi-million dollar business
- Jay Z wanting to buy the business.
- Meeting Tupac
- Entrepreneurship and family life.
And so much more, This episode is for anyone trying to build a brand. Enjoy the episode.
(05:40) - Joe Budden podcast conversation
(24:34) - Tapout Interview starts
(30:10) - Life as a cop
(34:35) - Are entrepreneurs born or made?
(41:00) - Dan's Early life
(48:20) - Start of TapouT
(55:00) - TapouT's tipping point
(1:12:33) - The intentional personal branding helped the business.
(1:43:44) - Meeting Jay Z and Diddy
(1:54:56) - Meeting Tupac