Ep 145: How He Built A Platform To Produce Elite Tech Talent ft. Sefunmi Osinaike
Welcome back Hustlers! We are back this week with a new episode with Sefunmi Osinaike. If you’re unfamiliar with Sefunmi, he is the co-founder of Co.Lab. Co.Lab is a platform that positions individuals to get jobs in tech. It has a variety of courses which equips people with the skills they need to have to get coveted jobs.
In this episode, you’ll get to hear how Sefunmi began his entrepreneurial journey while studying engineering at The University of Waterloo. He gained his knowledge and skills while becoming a Product Manager at prestigious companies such as Microsoft, Apple, Ecobee, and Copper.
With the knowledge gained from these companies, it led him to writing his book called ‘How To Product’ which he launched on Product Hunt. His book was a massive success with thousands of downloads that ultimately led him to building an e-learning platform to expand on the ideas in the book.
In this episode we talk about:
- What makes a great product manager
- Early entrepreneurial failures while at University of Waterloo
- Writing ‘How To Product’
- The success that came with writing a great book
- Launching an e-learning platform
- Going full-time on a business during the pandemic
- How anyone can learn a skill on ‘Join Co.lab ‘and get a high paying job in tech