We’re back this week with a brand new episode speaking to George Sully! If you are unfamiliar with George, he is a Canadian fashion designer and the founder of Black Designers of Canada. He has co-founded the brand House of Hayla, Shoenado, Sully & Son Company, Sully Wong, and Limb Apparel.
George has had an illustrious career thus far and shows no signs of slowing down! He is an award winning designer who has transcended the fashion landscape in Canada by giving up & coming Black Designers a chance to flourish in the market which presents barriers for them.
In this podcast we dive deep into:
- His evolution as a designer, and the work he has been able to produce.
- Not getting the recognition for his work
- Starting fashion brands in 2022
- Racial barriers that exist within the fashion industry
- Getting into retail stores such as Nordstrom
- Beginning multiple fashion brands
- The start of Black Designers of Canada
- Writing his book & sharing his story