Ep 142: Learning & Pivoting - How To Build Value In An Unexpected Industry ft. David King
Welcome back to a new episode Hustlers! In this week’s episode we have David King on the podcast. David is a serial entrepreneur who has launched several ventures over the past decade. He has built, and grown businesses within tech, e-commerce, and has done consulting with businesses to help them define their strategy and explore new opportunities for growth.
David is currently building his current business, Promise Supply. Promise Supply is an e-commerce retailer that sells plants and artifacts for your spaces. Over this episode, we talk about his early journey of getting into entrepreneurship, his growth, the lessons of building multiple projects, and his thoughts on how to grow a business.
Topics we discuss:
- Building systems within organizations
- Consulting with entrepreneurs
- Getting your startup into media publications
- Defining success & status symbols
- The privilege of growing up in certain environments
- Venture capital - Adam Neuman (WeWork founder) & certain entrepreneurs getting funded
- Building Promise Supply over the pandemic
- The dynamic of being an entrepreneur & having a relationship