Ep. 80 The Slept On Business of Sober Homes Ft. Bernard and Georgia Jones
When you usually think of an income property you usually think of renting out the property to a family or business but have you thought about a sober home?
With income properties, the usual source of revenue is a small profit and you bet on the money you get from the appreciation on the home. But with sober homes, instead of charging anywhere from one to three thousand for rent, you can charge $650 to upwards of $3500 a bed. With some house holding 10 to 12 patients.
In this podcast, we speak to Bernard and Georgia Jones. They own two sober homes and we dive into their business journey owning two homes.
- Journey entering the recovery home market
- Advantages of entering the recovery home market
- The health crisis in America
- breaking the stigma of recovery homes
- The monthly profit from a sober home vs traditional real estate.
- Convincing a landlord to let you rent a property for a sober home.
This was an eye-opening podcast to the business case of a recovery home as well as the human side of entrepreneurship.
Too often we get caught up in funnels and content hacks and not how much we're positively impacting the people around us.